Catch object when is moving faster.

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:53 AM
Edited Feb 20, 2012 at 4:56 AM

<Canvas> 
<physics:PhysicalBox x:Name="PhysicalBox" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" >
<physics:PhysicalBox.Clock> <physics:GameLoop />
</physics:PhysicalBox.Clock>
<physics:TouchDrag x:Name="Drag" >
<Ellipse x:Name="Ball" Fill="Green" Stroke="Green" Width="45" Height="45" Canvas.Left="10" Canvas.Top="16.809" >
<physics:PhysicalBox.Body > <physics:CircleBody RestitutionCoefficient="1" FrictionCoefficient="0" Density="1" IgnoreGravity="False" />
</physics:PhysicalBox.Body>
</Ellipse>
</physics:TouchDrag>
</physics:PhysicalBox>
</Canvas>

Liserdart, i have a big problem for catch object when is moving faster. Imagine this is a simple ball bouncing inside a rectangle, when ball move faster is imposible catch with touch. How can make the ball move to the position where touchdown happen and stop move?
Best regards.

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Liserdart, please some suggestion or workround about this.

Best regards!

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Please  : )

Jul 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Very sad see this project is dead : (
Hoppe some day Liserdart back  : )

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Hi

I don't think the project is dead, but Liserdarts found a bug with one of the newer .NET releases, that effected the performance drastically.

Also, you are using TouchDrag here, which Liserdarts have only been supporting, but not actually had any interest in - it was basically my idea to implement for use with Microsoft Pixelsense (fka Surface).

My take on your problem would be to kill the object on touch and create a new in the position of touchdown. Not pretty, but it will get the job done. Otherwise you could create an invisible dummy-object on touchdown, that resets velocity etc. when collided with. But I think kill object is better...